1/2 Photos of Sarasota's Light Version of Pasta Caesar Salad With Chicken
This originally came from a cookbook which I sold. I think Cooking Light or Prevention Magazine, but I just copied the recipe on a index card so this is all I have. Besides I think I changed a few things along the way. Well, regardless, I loved this because it combines all the flavors of a caesar salad without the calories. The arugula bumps up the flavor and the dressing on this is light and simple but still full flavored. Now originally it didn't have chicken but one day I had 6 or so chicken tenders and decided to pan saute them and add it to the salad. I love the extra flavor of the breaded chicken to the salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chicken tenders, cut in 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to saute the chicken in
- 1Chicken -- I set down 2 bowls. One with the egg and one with the bread crumbs with the salt, pepper and red pepper. Now, dip the chicken in the egg and then the bread crumbs and then into a saute pan heated to medium high heat with the olive oil. Cook all the pieces until golden brown on each side. They should only take a couple of minutes per side. Quick cooking. Remove and set on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain any grease. Cover with foil or a lid to keep warm. TIP: I just throw mine in the microwave, no heat, the closed space tends to keep them warm until the salad is ready.
- 2Pasta -- make the pasta according to directions, then drain well and set to the side and just let it cool. TIP: stir in 1 drizzle of olive oil so the noodles don't stick together.
- 3Dressing -- In a mini food processor add everything for the dressing and mix. Mix until you get a nice smooth creamy dressing. Taste for any additional salt or pepper.
- 4Salad -- combine the cooled pasta, arugula and dressing and toss well. Then add the chicken and lightly toss. Top each salad plate with some of the parmesan for a garnish.
- 5Serve this with a nice toasted slice of bread and you got an amazing dinner. This is a lighter healthier version so don't expect a heavy creamy sauce with this. This is a heart healthy recipe.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarasota's Light Version of Pasta Caesar Salad With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 1401.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: