Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I take absolutely no credit for this. This is right from the Kraft website, but it looked so good and so easy I had to pass it on. Haven't made it yet, but have had similar recipes so I know it will be good. Salty, tangy, and sweet and the way it comes out of the round pan is so pretty and unique. Just a great summer dessert.
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzel
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, fine chopped
- 2 cups whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- Pretzels -- I just crushed mine in a mini food processor, but using a baggie and a mallet or rolling pin works just as well. Just make sure to end up with a fine texture.
- Crust -- Use a 9" round pan for this recipe and line with plastic wrap. Then in a small bowl, mix the pretzel crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of the pan. I like to use the bottom of a glass to press the crust down good. Freeze until ready to use.
- Filling -- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, zest, juice and mint with a mixer until well blended. Then fold in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread it over the pretzel crust and use a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Freeze -- At least 4 hours.
- Serve -- The plastic wrap makes it easy to lift right out of the pan and slide on to a plate. Let it set 10-15 minutes to soften a little and then top with the remaining whipped topping in the center, a fresh lime slice and a sprig of mint for the perfect summertime dessert.
SarasotaCook I have tried for a potluck I went to and I wish I had made a few more they did not last long. The only thing I changed was the lime zest and mint. I doubled it and also served it with fresh made real Mojitos, it was a great hit.