6 hrs 20 mins
A classic dish, but I cut back on the cola for my version and add beef broth, tomato sauce and add a few more vegetables for my taste. I am sure there are many versions, but I was asked to post my version - so here it is. Six (6)-8 hours and you have a great all in one meal. Serve this with a good dinner roll and a small salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Coca-Cola (no diet and no pepsi)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth (low salt)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (you can add more pepper at the end of cooking)
- 1 lb red potatoes (I like the small ones, skins on)
- 1/2 lb carrot, peeled and cut in 2-inch pieces (thick carrots I cut lengthwise too. You want all the carrots to cook evenly at the same time, so mak)
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut in 2-inch pieces (cut the same as the carrots)
- 1 large onion, rough chopped (not too small of pieces or they will fall apart)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (white or button can be substituted, leave them whole or larger ones you can cut in half)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, fine chopped (added at the end of cooking)
- 1Roast -- This to me is an important step. Season the meat well with a mix of the flour, salt and pepper. Rub it in well on all sides of the meat. Then in a large pan add the oil and heat to medium high. Sear the meat on all sides until you get a nice crust and it begins to brown. Just a minute per side is all you need. This really helps the flavor in this dish. Then add your meat to the crock pot.
- 2Crockpot -- Add all the vegetables around your roast. I like to put the carrots, parsnips towards the bottom, then the potatoes and mushrooms, and last, add the onions over the top of the roast.
- 3Sauce -- Mix everything together in a small bowl and pour over the meat and vegetables. Turn your crockpot on low and cook 6-8 hours. Mine was tender in 6, but it really depends on whether you have a round or oval pot, and the newer models tend to cook a bit hotter. So, you know your crockpot best. Before serving, check if you want to add any additional pepper and add in the fresh parsley.
- 4Serve -- Remove the roast and vegetables and make sure to let the roast set 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with the gravy on the side. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarasota's 7-Bone Crockpot Coca-Cola Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.0 mg
- Sodium 810.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: