With a picture! An easy, healthy, tasty vegetarian filled bread roll that has tangy Italian flavors and makes a great meal all by itself! Your kids will love it - and get almost all their veggies for the day!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce or 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (cheddar, jack or a combo okay too)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 can black olives, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all dough ingredients in your bread machine.
- Use your dough cycle to prepare the dough and allow it to rise in the machine.
- After it's done in the bread machine turn the dough out onto your floured board and knead more flour into it until it is no longer sticky and it's smooth and elastic (takes me about 1/2 cup more and about 5 minutes) and easy to handle.
- Pat it out into a big rectangle the size of your bread board (or cookie sheet) and until it's about 1/2ö thick.
- Spread these ingredients over the middle third dough.
- Start with pizza or spaghetti sauce, then half the shredded mozzarella.
- Pile on onion, bell pepper, zucchini, olives, then tomatoes.
- Sprinkle garlic, herbs and salt over tomatoes.
- Put the parmesan and the remaining cheese on the mound.
- Gently stretch one side up and over the top of the filling then the other side on top of that.
- Pinch the ends closed.
- Gently transfer, seam side down, to a large cookie sheet that you have sprayed with Pam.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush the top lightly with olive oil and bake 350 oven for 30-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting.