1/2 Photos of Sara's Veggie Stromboli From Scratch (using your bread machine!)
With a picture! An easy, healthy, tasty vegetarian filled bread roll that has tangy Italian flavors and makes a great meal all by itself! Your kids will love it - and get almost all their veggies for the day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (cheddar, jack or a combo okay too)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 can black olives, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Combine all dough ingredients in your bread machine.
- 2Use your dough cycle to prepare the dough and allow it to rise in the machine.
- 3After it's done in the bread machine turn the dough out onto your floured board and knead more flour into it until it is no longer sticky and it's smooth and elastic (takes me about 1/2 cup more and about 5 minutes) and easy to handle.
- 4Pat it out into a big rectangle the size of your bread board (or cookie sheet) and until it's about 1/2ö thick.
- 5Spread these ingredients over the middle third dough.
- 6Start with pizza or spaghetti sauce, then half the shredded mozzarella.
- 7Pile on onion, bell pepper, zucchini, olives, then tomatoes.
- 8Sprinkle garlic, herbs and salt over tomatoes.
- 9Put the parmesan and the remaining cheese on the mound.
- 10Gently stretch one side up and over the top of the filling then the other side on top of that.
- 11Pinch the ends closed.
- 12Gently transfer, seam side down, to a large cookie sheet that you have sprayed with Pam.
- 13Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 14Brush the top lightly with olive oil and bake 350 oven for 30-45 minutes until golden brown.
- 15Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sara's Veggie Stromboli From Scratch (using your bread machine!)
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 854.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: