Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Had this on file for years. Not sure of origin. My husband and I both love it. I have made a couple of simple modifications of ingredients to our tastes as noted, but do as you wish.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, shelled,and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooking sherry (I prefer to use only 3/4 cup sherry)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (3/4 tbls. if using dried)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (3/4 tbls. if using dried)
- s on herbs- fresh is best- but dried isn't bad!
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, shrimp, lemon juice and pepper.
- Cook stirring until shirmp turns pink (about 5 minutes.) Add sherry, parsley and chives.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice.
- Garnish with lemon and parsley.