I'm doing Weight Watchers and I'm really missing rich cheesy foods like scalloped potatoes so I developed this dish using fat free and low fat dairy products and it's so good! Hope you like it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fat-free margarine (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter FAT FREE)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large green onion, chopped
- 1Boil cubed potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes, until just tender. Drain.
- 2Melt fat-free margarine in a saucepan; saute onion until tender.
- 3In a measuring cup, combine milk and flour; add to onions.
- 4Cook and stir a minute or two until thickened.
- 5Turn off heat and stir in yogurt, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, spicy mustard, 1 tablespoon Parmesan, salt, pepper and green onion.
- 6It's okay that the cheese doesn't melt at this step.
- 7In a mixing bowl, combine hot cooked potatoes and onion/cheese sauce.
- 8Pour into casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- 9Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar and 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese over top.
- 10Bake in preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 15 minutes until bubbling.
- 11Cool for about 5 minutes to thicken before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sara's Low Fat Creamy Cheesy Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 833.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 11.0 g