Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ridiculously good, unbelievably easy, and very friendly to substitutions, ie bittersweet chocolate, brown sugar instead of white, etc. You mix these right in the pan, and you won't believe how good they are!
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups walnuts (or other add-ins such as choc. chips, toffee chips, marshmallows, dried cherries, etc)
- melt butter and chocolate together over a very low flame, in a 3 qt saucepan.
- remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- stir in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- stir in dry ingredients.
- stir in add-ins, if desired. note: you can leave these out, if you like.
- pour into a greased and parchment-lined 8X8 pan. if using a silicon pan, you can omit the parchment paper.
- bake in a 325 degree oven for about 40 minutes, turning once half-way through the cooking. brownies are done when a pick inserted comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it. do NOT overbake!
- cool, cut, and enjoy!