Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The meatballs my youngest sister used to eat by the pounds.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat over to 450F
- Combine beef, egg, oats and seasonings.
- Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 450F.
- While meatballs are baking combine sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Once meatballs are done place meatballs into a small casserole dish or roasting pan and pour sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350F for one hour.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles and a green salad.