Recipe by Sara 76
This is my staple "throw together" burger. It is quick, simple, and cheap to make, and always a crowd pleaser!
Top Review by npch
These tasted great! The hint of chilli really adds to the flavour. I changed the recipe slightly because I didn't have enough ingrdients - only 1 cup of stuffing mix and slightly more egg to bind them.
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices cheese
- 6 tablespoons spicy pasta sauce
- 500 g ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped and lightly sauteed
- 2 cups Stove Top stuffing mix, sage & onion flavour
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the burger ingredients together. Set aside in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Form into 6 burgers, and grill until browned on each side, and cooked through.
- Split buns, and spread with butter.
- Arrange tomato slices on buns, and top with a slice of cheese.
- Place a hot burger on top of the cheese, and top with Spicy Red Sauce.