Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Foodnetwork.com, Sara Moulton's show. I like the fact that this recipe uses Egg Beaters instead of raw egg.
For the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup egg beaters 99% egg substitute
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the salad
- 2 -3 heads romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 3 cups croutons
- 2 -4 eggs, hard boiled, sliced (2 extra large, or 4 large)
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, curls
- For the dressing, whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- For the salad, place romaine and croutons in very large salad bowl. Add dressing, and toss well.
- Add sliced eggs and cheese curls, toss lightly, and serve.