Recipe by Sara 76
I love making this for a late lunch, or an easy light dinner!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I doubled this recipe then served the topping with a choice of baguette or quarter-slices of toasted winter wheat bread ~ With this VERY TASTY SPREAD, my guests went for the winter wheat before ever touching the baguette! Thanks for sharing the recipe1 [Made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #22]
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 slices red onions, finely chopped
- 12 stuffed green olives, finely chopped
- 12 kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 12 capers, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice baguette into thick slices, cutting on an angle.
- Brush each side of the slices with olive oil. Don't be shy, use plenty!
- Combine all other ingredients.
- Place the slices of bread into the pan, and cook until lightly toasted, turn over and repeat with the other side.
- Transfer the bread to a serving plate, and place heaped spoonfulls of the tomato mixure on each slice of bread.