Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an absolutely DELICIOUS breakfast burrito! You can add or subtract so many ingredients to personalize it to be just perfect for you or your guest! YUM! You can even prepare all ingredients the night before. This makes for an easy breakfast assembly in the morning.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 15 ounces diced fresh new potatoes
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage links
- 1 tablespoon minced mild green chili (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion (sweet, white, or none)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roma tomato (cherry or grape toms are good too)
- 1⁄2 cup red peppers or 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 10 -12 eggs
- 6 -8 slices American cheese (or whatever you prefer)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 16 ounces your favorite salsa, for serving on the side (I love Heredez)
- Put 1tbs of cooking oil/butter in a large frying pan and cook entire (drained can) of potatoes until a nice brown crust forms.
- Remove Potatoes and put in separate dish.
- Cook sausage links according to directions on package.
- Dice cooked sausage links and set aside in separate dish.
- Add more cooking oil/butter.
- Add onions, chilis, peppers, tomatoes. Sauté till everything just starts to turn soft.
- Add sausage and potatoes.
- Beat eggs together and add to mixture in frying pan.
- Keep moving everything around so the eggs can seep into all the cracks and crevices and surround all of the ingredients.
- Heat tortillas between 2 moist paper towels in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Immediately place a slice of cheese, ripped in half, on to the tortilla, end to end.
- Top with filling.
- Fold over right side, fold up bottom, then fold over left side. Turn entire burrito over to hold it together. These burritos should be so stuffed that you CAN'T pick them up to eat them. You must use a fork!
- Have salsa on the side or pour all over.
- ~The purpose of cooking things separately and putting them in separate dishes, is to able to personalize each burrito if need be. You could also make smaller batches and add beaten eggs only to the ingredients requested. Then you can change the name to (Your Name)'s Breakfast Burrito!
- ~Other toppings you could add:.
- Crumbled sausage.
- Any type of cheese.
- Any type of veggie.
- Sun-dried tomatoes.
- Roasted red peppers.