Recipe by Sara 76
I make these omellette's for breakfast sometimes, but more often as an easy dinner. You can add any toppings you like, but this is my favourite way of having them. You will need to use a frying pan with a lid.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 3 large eggs, seperated
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices shortcut bacon, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped roughly
- 1⁄4 cup tasty cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a small saucepan with ooil. Cook onion and bacon until onion is just tender. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Spray a medium frying pan with oil. Heat pan to medium heat.
- Beat egg whites until thick and white. Spread into heated pan. Place cover on pan while you prepare the egg yolks.
- Beat egg yolk, and pour over egg whites. Place cover back on pan, and cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the bacon, onion, tomatoes, basil, and cheese gently over the egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place lid back on pan and cook until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Fold omellette in half, using an eggflip, and serve immediately.