Recipe by Sara 76
This is a yummy, simple dessert, that looks really impressive on the dinner table! Serve it hot, with vanilla ice cream.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 (440 g) can pie apples
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and oil, and beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until you have a smooth dough. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Press the dough into a deep pizza pan. Prick with a fork and bake at 200C for 10 minutes.
- Spread apple sauce over base.
- Beat ricotta cheese, and stir in sultanas. Spread this mixture over the sauce.
- Arrange apples over the cheese mixture, and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.