Recipe by SarahCKS
As much as I love chocolate, I'm rather bored with brownies as a type of dessert. Seems like they've "been done" too many times in my life. Furthermore, now that my mother is diabetic, I have to make sure that any desserts I make for my dad qualify as "not tempting" to her. In other words "not chocolate." Here is a recipe for "blondies" which includes many of my favorite "not chocolate" dessert flavors.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips (optional, but encouraged)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13 X 9-inch square pan by lining it with baking parchment.
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add vanilla and eggs, beat until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and coconut with the mixer, then add melted white chocolate and beat until combined. Stir in butterscotch chips with a large spoon.
- Spread in the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. If a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the edge comes out clean, they are done. Allow to cool and serve.