1/10 Photos of Sarah's Tilapia
OK, here it is! My FIRST recipe post to the site, This recipe was given to me by my mom, I have NO idea where she got it, but it is just awesome, simple to make, and it is the ONLY fish my picky, picky 11 year old daughter will eat, she loves it! She actually BEGS me to make it. Update: After reading the reviews, I just want to emphasize the importance of using Panko breadcrumbs in this recipe. It makes a HUGE difference! I also have never baked this fish, so cannot predict the results. For those who have commented that the breading isn't sticking well, I have found that this happens to me as well, when I have used too much of the mustard/mayo combo. A thin coating is best! I hope you all enjoy this recipe, and thanks for taking the time to review it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons hellman's Dijonnaise mustard (or 2 Tbsp each of Mayo and Dijon mustard)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (japanese bread crumbs found in ethnic section of most grocery stores)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley (or parsley flakes if lazy like me most nights! works fine)
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 4 lemon wedges
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over med. heat.
- 2Combine mayo and mustard in small dish ( if not using Dijonnaise).
- 3Combine next 4 ingred. on a plate and mix well.
- 4Brush thin coating of mustard mayo combo on to both sides of each fish fillet. (about 1 Tbsp for each fillet).
- 5Press each coated fillet into Panko crumb mixture, (both sides) coating well. Press more crumbs into any bare areas.
- 6Saute fillets in hot oil until lightly browned, (about 3 to 4 min) Turn and saute other side until lightly browned and fish is opaque ( about 4 to 5 min).
- 7Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarah's Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.3
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 765.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 73.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: