Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This may not be the authentic way of cooking this dish but it is comfort food for me and it is quick and easy. My (soon to be) British mother in law loves this dish and requests it every time she comes to stay with us. I even like this leftover the next day and used to make a naughty but nice sandwich.
- 6 breaded chicken patties
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour just enough of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of an oven dish so that the bottom is coated.
- Place the chicken patties in the dish and arrange the mushrooms on top of the patties.
- Pour the rest of the spaghetti sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and then the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is really well melted and the chicken patties are cooked through.
I just love how easy this is!!! I used a mixture of shredded Italian cheese blend and mozzarella (instead of cheddar), and it turned out wonderful! Those frozen breaded patties go on sale a lot at our local grocery, so this is a great use for them (besides the traditional sammie). Thanks!
Yummy recipe. I needed to use up some Costco breaded chicken patties from the freezer and I was happy to come across this recipe. I took the advice of others and sauted the mushrooms in abit of olive oil before putting on the chicken. The flavours come through nicely. I used abit more spaghetti sauce just to make sure my patties didn't dry out. Not only did it taste good, it was 'super fast' & easy to make, thanks for sharing.
This is really good and it is super fast! I made it exactly as stated. I think next time I will omit the mushrooms because they did not get as cooked as I like them after 30 minutes. I could saute them a little beforehand, but that would not make it super fast then! Great main dish served with a side of penne pasta. Thanks for sharing!