Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This may not be the authentic way of cooking this dish but it is comfort food for me and it is quick and easy. My (soon to be) British mother in law loves this dish and requests it every time she comes to stay with us. I even like this leftover the next day and used to make a naughty but nice sandwich.
Top Review by iewe
I just love how easy this is!!! I used a mixture of shredded Italian cheese blend and mozzarella (instead of cheddar), and it turned out wonderful! Those frozen breaded patties go on sale a lot at our local grocery, so this is a great use for them (besides the traditional sammie). Thanks!
- 6 breaded chicken patties
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour just enough of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of an oven dish so that the bottom is coated.
- Place the chicken patties in the dish and arrange the mushrooms on top of the patties.
- Pour the rest of the spaghetti sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and then the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is really well melted and the chicken patties are cooked through.