Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My 4 year old daughter came up with this recipe. We tried it, and it was really great! A real kid pleaser that adults will like too.
- 6 small shortcakes (mini)
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Place mini shortcakes on separate plates.
- Crumble 2 Oreo cookies on top of each shortcake.
- Top with strawberries.
- Add whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Add a few more strawberries.
- Top with chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.
I thought this was good. I think it could be even better though if the strawberry's were made into some kind of sauce then poured on top, I found this to be on the dry side.
Whipped these little buggers together in no time at all & had a GREAT TASTING CHOCOLATE FIX with the added flavor of strawberries! I, too, used extra thick chocolate creme Oreos, but that's just my -holic side showing! Anyway, these were great, especially when I included the optional shavings of chocolate AND a small bit of chocolate syrup on top of it all! VERY, VERY NICE! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #20]
Sooo easy! i never thought of using oreos before! I used the chocolate creme ones, to make it extra good! Thanks for an easy and good idea!