Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I like making my own sauce and tonight I threw this together...It was really good!
- 18 ounces diced tomatoes
- 18 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- saute onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- add all the tomatoes, italian seasoning and salt. (I have the tupperware chopper that I put the tomatoes thru so they are chopped small).
- Simmer for a 45 minutes to an hour. If it seems too thick, add a little water.
- I used regular diced tomato, but the stewed tomato had onion and green pepper in it.