Recipe by Hill Family
These actually came from Sarah's x-mother in law's mother but Sarah is the one who makes them for us. Excellent cookies and you can change the same basic recipe up quite a bit.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine (stick margarine not tub)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar, margarine and eggs together.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add liquid flavoring (vanilla or see below) to sour cream.
- Add dry ingredients to margarine mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, mixing well.
- Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet. Grease the bottom of a glass and dip in sugar, flatten cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- *Alternative flavoring combinations: in lieu of vanilla. 1 tsp lemon or 1 tsp cinnamon & 1 tsp nutmeg & 1/2 tsp cloves. 1/4 cup cocoa & 1 tsp vanilla. Brown sugar in lieu of white and 1 tsp vanilla.