Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sarah used to make these cookies every other week ... now every other month. This is kind of a crunchy and chewy cookie. I swapped dried blueberries for the coconut and it was great - kind of like a breakfast cookie.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- Cream shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in all dry ingredients, except corn flakes.
- Add corn flakes last and mix lightly.
- Scoop onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Do not over bake.
Loved these! They wern't "junky" (meaning full of chocolate or the like) yet everyone loved them! I couldn't belive that there was 2 cups of sugar in these. I am really not a fan of sweet stuff, but these were not sweet at all. I will be making these over and over!