Recipe by strawberryjane
I've been making this meatloaf since I was a little girl in 4-H...my family really likes it, it's really moist and the sauce on top gives it a sweeter flavor....
Top Review by JoSyrNY
I liked this meatloaf very much. I followed the directions exactly (except I forgot to put sauce on top!)It didn't matter - it's very moist and mildly flavorful. I've been trying a number of different meatloaf recipes and I think I'm going to stick with this one.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup oats (uncooked)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all indgredients and mix well.
- Press firmly into ungreased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven (350 degrees) about 1 hour.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Note: I like to put Piquant Sauce on top before baking.
- Piquant Sauce: 3 Tbsp.
- brown sugar,1/4 c catsup, 1/4 tsp.
- nutmeg 1 tsp.
- dry mustard mix all together and spread over meatloaf before baking.