Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The rich little nuggets are like Lay's potato chips ... you can't eat just one.
- 1 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, broken
- Stir brown sugar and eggs into the melted butter, mixing well.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the nuts and dates.
- Spread in buttered 8x8 inch pan.
- Bake for 20 min in a 350 degree oven.
- While hot cut into squares and carefully remove from pan.
- When they cool, roll in powdered sugar.
very good, I might cook the dates slightly with a bit of melted butter on top of the stove next time just to thin out the texture slightly, other than that these were great! thanks for sharing Hill Family!...Kitten