Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great potluck idea. I got this recipe from my mom, who made it when I was a kid. I loved it, and still do.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave frozen hash browns for 4 minutes on high.
- Stir sour cream, butter, onion,soup, and cheese into potatoes.
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9X13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle corn flakes over top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Very good!! I made them for a potluck at work and everyone loved them....my husband is hoping there will be leftovers, but that doesn't appear to be the case...I will just have to make another batch!!!
My family loved this, especially my granddaughter, this is all she would eat for dinner! I loved the fact that it is simple to throw together. The only change I made was done out of necessity, I only had 1 1/2 cups sour cream - the other 1/2 cup I used cream cheese. I will definitely be making this again. Thank you for sharing! NOTE: I thought this was really good the next day too after the flavors had more time to mingle.
These are always a hit at family gatherings. I thought the chicken flavor was very pronouced so these would taste best as a side dish to chicken, rather than beef. However, I served them with grilled hamburgers and nobody complained! Can be made ahead and reheated.