Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is how my husband and I make simple chicken, though it's best with fresh chicken but frozen chicken, when thawed, works just as well. We use soy sause as a base for the spices and brush it on with a pastry brush, but you can use a bag if you need to.
- 2 -3 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon pepper (I use a mix of black, red & white)
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of or 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic or 2 cloves garlic, minced well (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F& spray either a broiler pan, cookie sheet with sides, or a shallow casaroll dish.
- Trim the fat and skin off of the chicken breasts.
- You can place all the ingrediants in a bag and shake them together, or mix them with some water or soy sauce to brush onto the chicken.
- Make sure the spices are evenly distributed or you'll end up with one lemony peice and one garlicky piece.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes then turn over and back until done, normally 10 minutes for my oven.
- Serve with some rice or even mac& cheese and enjoy!
This was really yummy. I used lime rind and served with roasted pumpkin and cheesy pasta. I cut the recipe down to 1 breast for 2 people.