Recipe by Treewoman
My daughter lives in New Orleans and was visiting me in Ohio in August, 2005 when Katrina hit. This was a salad she served often in New Orleans, and made this salad for a family reunion in Ohio and it was a huge hit. I thought about naming it "Katrina Salad" but probably not a good idea...... Amounts vary, you can add as much or little as you like.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Was happy to make this for my other half to take to a potluck, where it was well received! I'm not very fond of artichoke hearts, but others did, & I watched as it was devoured enthusiastically! Thank you for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 16 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- fresh tomato, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut up
- cucumber, peeled and cubed
- sweet red pepper, diced
- yellow sweet pepper, diced
- 16 ounces KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing (or any brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and cool.
- Put cooked pasta in large bowl and add other ingredients and mix well. Amounts of vegetables are not specified so you can adjust to your taste.
- Refrigerate for several hours, or serve the next day for better flavor.