Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My daughter lives in New Orleans and was visiting me in Ohio in August, 2005 when Katrina hit. This was a salad she served often in New Orleans, and made this salad for a family reunion in Ohio and it was a huge hit. I thought about naming it "Katrina Salad" but probably not a good idea...... Amounts vary, you can add as much or little as you like.
- 16 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- fresh tomato, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut up
- cucumber, peeled and cubed
- sweet red pepper, diced
- yellow sweet pepper, diced
- 16 ounces KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing (or any brand)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and cool.
- Put cooked pasta in large bowl and add other ingredients and mix well. Amounts of vegetables are not specified so you can adjust to your taste.
- Refrigerate for several hours, or serve the next day for better flavor.
Was happy to make this for my other half to take to a potluck, where it was well received! I'm not very fond of artichoke hearts, but others did, & I watched as it was devoured enthusiastically! Thank you for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]