Recipe by Hill Family
If this is someone else's let me know ... couldn't be sure where it came from, but I know it's good.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 1 1⁄4 lbs bacon, cooked till very crisp, diced fine (save grease)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon grease
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces Clear Jel
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the clear jel with enough water to make a glue like consistency.
- In a sauce pan add vinegar, water, onions, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil - slowly adding to the hot mixture the clearjel - stirring constantly until it all is stirred though out (we use a wire whip).
- When thickened add bacon and grease and remove from heat.