Recipe by SarahCKS
This salad is one of my favorites. It has a sweet and tangy flavor, and provides a great alternative to lettuce salads and pasta salads.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This salad is extremely easy to make and packed full of summer flavors (which made me think warm thoughts on a cool Michigan day). I made yesterday, sampled a few tasty bites before refrigerating, and then enjoyed today with soup for lunch. Both DH and I enjoyed and would make it again. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup black olives, coarsely chopped and pitted, if necessary
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil and mustard in a medium sized bowl.
- Add tomatoes, olives, green onion, garbanzos and herbs; toss with vinaigrette. You can eat this salad right away, but I've found that it tastes best if you chill the salad and let the flavors meld for a couple hours.