Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is one of my favorites. It has a sweet and tangy flavor, and provides a great alternative to lettuce salads and pasta salads.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup black olives, coarsely chopped and pitted, if necessary
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil and mustard in a medium sized bowl.
- Add tomatoes, olives, green onion, garbanzos and herbs; toss with vinaigrette. You can eat this salad right away, but I've found that it tastes best if you chill the salad and let the flavors meld for a couple hours.
This salad is extremely easy to make and packed full of summer flavors (which made me think warm thoughts on a cool Michigan day). I made yesterday, sampled a few tasty bites before refrigerating, and then enjoyed today with soup for lunch. Both DH and I enjoyed and would make it again. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013.