Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Calling all apple pie fans!! You will love this cake.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup nuts
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing each in before adding the next one.
- Sift in dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in apples and nuts.
- Bake in a greased and floured 13x9 pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Once cool frost with a cream cheese frosting.
This was delicious!! I didn't have nutmeg, so I just used more cinnamon. My two boys (aged 1 and 3) absolutely loved this!! Much easier then an apple pie, as well. Delicious! Will try to remember to take a picture when I make this again. Thank you.
I had some leftover apples and decided to make this cake for company coming. Everyone liked it but I think next time I will use all cinnamon in place of the nutmeg.