Recipe by Sarah2
This evolved over many a warm summer night in Brisbane. I take it to parties and it's always gobbled up immediately!
Top Review by Randi M.
Just doesn't get any easier and more tasty then this simple recipe. I added exra garlic, basil and tomatos. The only really different thing I did was grate fresh parmesan cheese and it was excellent. I put in fridge and served cold. Loved it.
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- olive oil (a few splashes)
- 500 g dried tubular pasta (other shapes will do!)
- fresh basil leaf (must be basil, but you can add other fresh herbs like oregano if you wish)
- sea salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pasta on to boil.
- Halve tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in large bowl with all other remaining ingredients, stir well, cover and leave.
- When pasta is al dente, drain, and then add to tomato mixture.
- The warm pasta will semi-cook the basil and garlic, releasing its flavour.
- Serve immediately, with crusty Italian bread and a nice glass of red wine.