Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice fruity and chewy cookie. And Sarah sure does love her dried apricots.
Make and share this Sarah's Chopped Apricot Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Cream butter or shortening and sugar together, add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Sift in dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in apricots and nuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minute.
Scrumptious! This cookie spreads nicely and has a lovely crisp texture on the outside and slightly chewy on the inside. The apricots look like little jewels peeking out of the light colored cookies. I opted to not use the nuts. I used my 1T cookie scoop and got 42 cookies for the entire batch. The directions really are not written for a beginner.