This is a moist cake.
Make and share this Sarah's Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Cream the shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs then dry ingredients.
- Stir in pecans and carrots.
- Place in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- When cool frost with a cream cheese frosting.
This cake has simple ingredients that are extremely quick to put together. I used pre-shredded carrots in a bag from the grocery store and then just chopped them up a little shorter with kitchen scissors. I also used Pilsbury cream cheese frosting. The taste was not overly sweet and had a very old-fashioned taste. The cinnamon and allspice were just right too. The cake was very moist. I cooked mine for exactly 52 minutes. Thanks, Hill Family!