Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe came from Jan Daniels and is super good. Its a good thing it was posted here because the recipe card doesn't look like it would hold up much longer.
- 113.39 g butter or 113.39 g margarine, softened
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml buttermilk or 118.29 ml soured milk
- 3 bananas, overripe and mashed (large)
- 709.77 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml broken walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
- 236.59-473.18 ml blueberries, fresh or 236.59-473.18 ml frozen blueberries, thawed
- 59.16-88.74 ml brown sugar
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and bananas.
- Sift dry ingredients together and mix into wet mixture. Don't overbeat.
- Stir in nuts and blueberries.
- Divide the mixture into 2 greased and floured loaf pand. Sprinkle brown sugar down the center of each loaf.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 65-70 minute (test before removing from over) should be nicely browned.
- You can sub cherries, cranberrries etc for blueberries.
Absolutely delicious! I added some cinnamon and vanilla, left out the nuts and added some coconut to half. Best banana bread I've ever had!
My husband loved this bread. He thought it was a perfect balance of sweetness. I used 2 cups of frozen blueberries and left the nuts out. The bread baked beautifully, and I froze the left overs for a quick breakfast out of the toaster.