1/1 Photo of Sarah's Blueberry Banana Bread
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Hill Family's Note:
This recipe came from Jan Daniels and is super good. Its a good thing it was posted here because the recipe card doesn't look like it would hold up much longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb butter or 1/4 lb margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup soured milk
- 3 bananas, overripe and mashed (large)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 -2 cup blueberries, fresh or 1 -2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 4 -6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1In a large bowl cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and bananas.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together and mix into wet mixture. Don't overbeat.
- 3Stir in nuts and blueberries.
- 4Divide the mixture into 2 greased and floured loaf pand. Sprinkle brown sugar down the center of each loaf.
- 5Bake at 325 degrees for 65-70 minute (test before removing from over) should be nicely browned.
- 6You can sub cherries, cranberrries etc for blueberries.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarah's Blueberry Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2282.8
- Calories from Fat 659
- Total Fat 73.2 g
- Saturated Fat 33.3 g
- Cholesterol 335.9 mg
- Sodium 2036.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 383.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 214.3 g
- Protein 35.0 g