Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the best biscotti you have ever tasted. Sarah cooks it twice for a nice hard biscotti and a few other family members only cook it once for a bit chewier texture. Some other family members double the almond extract which tastes great too.
- Blend the wet ingredients together - mix well. Add the dry ingredients and the dried berries. The dough maybe a bit sticky.
- Put some flour on your hands and divide the dough into 2 logs - 2 1/2 x 9 1/2 x1. Place on a cookie sheet line with parchment paper - I usually just place one log on a cookie sheet as they tend to spread a bit.
- Whip the egg white and brush on top of the log. Bake for 30 min at 350 degrees. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut diagonally and place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake another 5 minutes. (stop now if you want a chewy biscotti) Flip to the other cut side and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- When cool drizzle or frost with melted white chocolate.
These are some of the best biscotti I have ever made or eaten! My variations include: whole wheat flour, 1/2 tsp almond extract, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1-1/2 cups dried blueberries. I did not do the egg white wash. After the second baking, I iced the tops and sprinkled with toasted, sliced blanched almonds. They are so pretty! Cooking times were right on.
These are very good and very easy to make! I chose the crunchier, extra bake option. I made with chocolate chips (mini) instead of fruit! I only put the white chocolate glaze on half the batch, because I wanted to have the un glazed ones with coffee! Thanks for posting! This is super easy and yummy! [Made for Holiday Tag October 2009]