Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
For the canner in all of us .. this is a basic recipe.
- 6 -7 quarts apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 cups water
- Pack 6-7 quart jars with apples, tightly.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients. Add water and lemon juice.
- Cook until it thickens and clears. Pour over apples, leaving an inch of head space.
- Process in water bath canner for 35 minutes.
This is going in the Christmas gift basket!It's the first year I canned anything so I'll impress everyone with this.