1/1 Photo of Sarah's Amazing Vegetarian Lasagna
3 hrs 20 mins
I Cook Therefore I Am's Note:
I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I make it as often as possible. Even though my DH is a "nothing-but-meat-and-potatoes" kinda guy, this dish is his favorite, and I'm lucky if I get a piece before he eats it all!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 15 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 4 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 3/4 cups freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1Heat olive oil in a large skillet until shimmering.
- 2Add onion, eggplant, and mushrooms to skillet. Cook for 15 minutes, or until all ingredients are soft.
- 3Add carrot, wine, parsley, tomato sauce, and whole tomatoes to skillet. Break up tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- 4Add oregano, parsley, and basil to the sauce.
- 5Simmer sauce uncovered for about an hour and a half, or until thick.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 8Spread about 1/4 of the sauce in the bottom of the pan. (About 1 1/4 cups).
- 9Layer 4 of the lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
- 10Dot the noodles with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese.
- 11Spread 1 cup of the mozzarella over the ricotta and noodles.
- 12Spread 1/2 cups of the Parmesan over the mozzarella.
- 13Repeat steps 7-11 two more times.
- 14Spread the last of the sauce over the Parmesan, and then spread the last of the Parmesan and mozzarella over the sauce to prevent it from burning.
- 15Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarah's Amazing Vegetarian Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.1
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 546.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 19.1 g