Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sandwich is great for parties. It is easy and has something for everyone. It can also be made a bit ahead of time so you can get yourself beautiful before the party starts.
- 2 loaves French bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ham, sliced
- 1 lb roast beef, sliced
- dill pickle, sliced
- Cut loaves in half lengthwise, hollow out some of the bread.
- Combine all ingredients except pickles and meat. Spread mixute over the bread (1/2 mixture on each loaf). Layer meat and pickles over that.
- Wrap the sandwiches in plastic and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Slice and serve.
I made this sandwich the morning I was to go boating with friends and pre-cut the sandwich and individually wrapped the sections and placed in a large ziplock bag to be stored in the cooler. Everyone loved them!!! Great recipe!
I love this sandwich and have been making it for years. First found the recipe in 1999 Taste of Home Cookbook and wanted to add it to RecipeZaar for safe keeping and found it has already been added. I make the recipe as posted and sometimes swap the green onion for 1/4 cup fresh chives. I also add thinly sliced tomato, lettuce, provolone and swiss cheese. Even made with sliced salad olives in place of the pickles cause that is what my dad likes. Anything works with this sandwich. And to give another idea: I have made these on individual hogie rolls. Wrap them up and place in frig or cooler. Then as someone wants a sandwich it is all ready to go without slicing a big sandwich. Try it !!
This was a great sandwich for a crowd! I really liked the boost from the worcestershire sauce. I'll be making this in the future, especially for those weekend get-togethers by the pool. Thanks Hill Family ~ made for PRMR, Feb 2009.