1 hr 20 mins
Sarah 11879's Note:
I got this recipe from a Mexican chef at work and adapted it to my taste, as I like very spicy food. The tomatoes and roasted red peppers contrast the spice with sweetness and mildness. It is a very easy recipe, and is perfect just as a dip, or in tacos, burritos, or enchiladas. Top blue corn tortilla chips with this guacamole and a dab of sour cream for a colorful party snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 avocados
- 1 large red onion
- 4 -5 small roma tomatoes (or both!!) or 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper (or both!!)
- 4 -5 tomatillos
- 1/2 cup chopped chili peppers or 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers or 1/2 cup serrano pepper, your choice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1Pit and dice avocados. I like mine very chunky, but you could mash or puree them if you like a creamier guacamole.
- 2Dice red onion, peppers, garlic, tomatoes and tomatillos. Leave the ribs and seeds in the peppers if you like them to be VERY spicy! Again, chop everything smaller or larger depending on your preference of texture.
- 3Add cilantro.
- 4Toss diced veggies with cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, salt and lime juice.
- 5Add the mixture to the avocados and toss (or mix if your avocados are pureed) evenly.
- 6Adjust seasonings to taste, chill one hour to allow flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarah’s Super-Spicy Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 398.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g