This is a moist cake that is always better the second day.
Make and share this Sarah 's Oatmeal Cake With Coconut Pecan Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
Cononut Pecan frosting
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks, beaten slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 ounces flaked coconut, about 1 1/3 cups
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Cream the sugars and butter together; add eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 minutes in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Coconut Pecan Frosting:.
- Mix evaporated milk, sugar, butter, egg yoks and vanilla in saucepan.
- Cook and stir on medium heat until thickened and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Cool to room temperature, and spreading consistency, before spreading on cooled cake.