Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from my celebrity recipe collection, for yours.
Make and share this Sarah McLachlan's Asparagus Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 5 stalks fresh asparagus
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped (plum)
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Remove the tough ends of the asparagus and discard; blanch or steam asparagus for 5 minutes, or until bright green and tender; rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Beat eggs and milk together; season with nutmeg, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a ovenproof skillet, preferably cast iron, saute onion in oil until translucent, then add mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Add spinach and cook until completely wilted.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir briefly.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top, decorate with asparagus and basil and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serves 4 generously.
This was very tasty, the ingredients complimented each other to give an over all pleasant flavor. I would rather have baked it so it would have an even consistency. Pouring the eggs into the skillet and giving them a stir made them seem almost like scrambled eggs. The recipe was enjoyed by all but I was critical of the appearance when I served it. I will make this again but I will pour the eggs over the veggies in a casserole dish bake it until set then add the cheese and asparagus continue baking until the cheese has melted, decorate it with the basil & serve