1/2 Photos of Sarah McLachlan's Asparagus Frittata
Another recipe from my celebrity recipe collection, for yours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 stalks fresh asparagus
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped (plum)
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch basil, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- 2Remove the tough ends of the asparagus and discard; blanch or steam asparagus for 5 minutes, or until bright green and tender; rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- 3Beat eggs and milk together; season with nutmeg, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 4In a ovenproof skillet, preferably cast iron, saute onion in oil until translucent, then add mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- 5Add spinach and cook until completely wilted.
- 6Add chopped tomatoes.
- 7Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir briefly.
- 8Sprinkle mozzarella on top, decorate with asparagus and basil and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 9Serves 4 generously.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarah McLachlan's Asparagus Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 447.5 mg
- Sodium 334.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: