Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hankering for the onset of spring, I made this fruit salad with a cold in my head and warmer weather on my mind. Plus I have this Cuisinart mini-food-processor that I wanted to test out. You could probably use any fresh fruits you like, but this is what I used. The watermelon was on special at my favorite supermarket and it makes me think of summer! If you don't have cinnamon sticks or a food processor, you can use already-ground cinnamon. This recipe serves 2, so expand if you need to!
- 6 -8 fresh strawberries
- 1 slice watermelon
- 1 bartlett pear
- 1 kiwi
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey (more to taste)
- 2 -3 cinnamon sticks (more to taste)
- Chop fresh fruit into small pieces. In a mixing bowl, stir fruit evenly.
- Break cinnamon sticks in half, insert into food processor bowl. Grind for 2-2 1/2 minutes to get a powdery consistency. Strain cinnamon powder from processor bowl and sprinkle on fruit.
- Drizzle honey onto fruit and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour or so, to let the flavors blend. Or, you can eat it fresh-made.
This was so good. I used 2 cinnamon sticks and 3 tablespoons of honey, and I'm pretty sure that was enough. It was a nice balance of fruit and spices, and the pears somehow stayed fresh under the honey. One thing for sure, though, it tastes better when it's fresh.