Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so delicious - I found this recipe on the Kraft.com, and we have enjoyed it several times - Very Good!! For a sustitute, you can also use Post Selects Maple Pecan Crunch Cereal or Post Selects Great Grains Crunchy Pecans Whole Grain Cereal.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cut into thin slices
- 4 cups post selects great grains raisins, Dates, Pecans Whole Grain Cereal, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell, thawed (9-inch)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Melt 1 tablespoons of he butter in lasrge skillet on medium heat. Add apples; toss to coat. Cover with lid; cook 6-8 minutes, or until apples ore tender, stirring frequently. Add 2 cusp of hte cereal, the sugar, and sinnamon; mix lightly.
- Spoon into pie crust; level top with back of spoon. Cover with remaining 2 cups remaining cereal. Melt remaininig 2 tablespoons butter; drizzle over cereal.
- Bake 45 minutes or until crust and top of pie are lightly browned, covering loosely with foil after 30 minutes.