Recipe by History Teacher
This is a delicious breakfast treat that I make on special occassions or just because! It is very rich, but is soooo good. The recipe itself is from Sara Lee.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices frozen sara lee poundcake, thawed (3/4 inch)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup or fresh fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream or milk, extracts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Soak pound cake slices in the mixture, making sure all sides and top are saturated.
- Soak 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Fry slices until golden brown, turning once.
- Dust with powdered sugar, top with either maple syrup (my favorite) or fresh fruit.