Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
I just LOVE pound cake!
Make and share this "sara Lee" Pound Cake - Copycat recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Spray 8-1/2" Pyrex loaf dish with Pam. Cream butter with sugar on high speed of mixer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 egg and then a little flour, beating 2 minutes.
- Add 2nd egg and half of remaining flour and beat 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, rest of flour and extracts, beating 2 minutes.
- Spread batter evenly in dish.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Remove from dish. Slice 1/2" thick.
- Be sure to slice before freezing loaf.
- Thaw to use within 6 months.
Very disappointed in this recipe. The cake did have a good texture and was very pretty, but it tasted nothing like Sara Lee's cake. It smelled devine, but the taste was very blah and heavy. My husband who adores pound cake was very disappointed. Will not make again.
I quite enjoyed this recipe - I am a HUGE fan of Sara Lee pound cake, and while this one is not exactly the same, it is still great. I now make it and serve with fresh fruit and whip cream as a summer dessert.
This was a great receipe. The test was right on but I think I may have done something wrong. As the pound cake cooled it started to crack on top. What did I do wrong. Thanks again for a really good receipe. Jack24