Recipe by Wildflour
I just LOVE pound cake!
Top Review by cakelover321
Very disappointed in this recipe. The cake did have a good texture and was very pretty, but it tasted nothing like Sara Lee's cake. It smelled devine, but the taste was very blah and heavy. My husband who adores pound cake was very disappointed. Will not make again.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Spray 8-1/2" Pyrex loaf dish with Pam. Cream butter with sugar on high speed of mixer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 egg and then a little flour, beating 2 minutes.
- Add 2nd egg and half of remaining flour and beat 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, rest of flour and extracts, beating 2 minutes.
- Spread batter evenly in dish.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Remove from dish. Slice 1/2" thick.
- Be sure to slice before freezing loaf.
- Thaw to use within 6 months.