Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a copycat recipe by Judy Chatham, I copies this recipe in 1999 and still have not tried it. Sounds really great esp with Xmas coming. Now I am going to go make a batch. Hummmm I wonder what I can do with all that leftover Vodka..............
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- Cream together cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, Vodka, 2 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp soft butter, set aside.
- In a separate bowl sift remaining flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in remaining butter and 1/2 cup Kahlua, add 1 egg at a time and mix well. Pour half cocoa mixture in a buttered and lightly floured 9" baking pan.
- Add cream cheese mixture and cut lightly with a knife, then add remaining cocoa mixture.
- Bake at 325°F for about 30 minutes.
- When cool brush with 1/4 cup of remaining Kahlua.
- I am guessing at the servings none listed until I try the recipe.