Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is a wonderful childhood memory of visiting with Grandpa and Grandma Thomas in South Carolina.
- 2 (15 ounce) cansveg-all original mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 20 -25 butter flavored crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- When well combined, transfer to a casserole dish.
- Combine butter and crackers.
- Place cracker mixture on top of vegetable casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Delicious! I actually doubled the recipe when I made this for a family gathering...there was not even a spoonful left to bring home!
i made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it, so much so that wer'e having it for Xmas too. Only change, i used frozen mixed veg instead of canned.