Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from alohaworld.com. I'm posting it for ZWT7-South Pacific. Note: The weight of the bean thread is a guess. Just use 4 regular sized packages. New Zealand corned beef was specified but any canned product will work.
- 4 (8 ounce) packagesbean thread noodles (cellophane noodle)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 bunches bok choy, cut long
- 1 lb new zealand corned beef
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Cook bean thread in broth 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside until soft enough to cut with scissors.
- Saute onions in oil until tender. Add corned beef, cook thoroughly.
- Add bok choy, mix well; then add cut bean thread mixture.
- Add soy sauce to taste.
This was quite yummy, although I did need to make a few mods. To start, only used 250g noodles, this was more than enough for 6 serves and used up all the chicken stock. Also only used 1/2 cup soy sauce. Made everything else as written. Total cook time was far less than shown, which is awesome, but may be due to me using canned corn beef which I had on hand. Made for My Food Odyssey American Samoa.