Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious & festive little cookie balls. You can also flatten them out a bit if you like for a more traditional shape.
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml coconut extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flour
- 709.77 ml sweetened coconut, shredded
- 236.59 ml candied cherry, or, candied fruit mix, coarsley chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F Have ungreased baking sheets ready.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg, milk, extracts and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until blended (mixture may look curdled). On low speed, beat in flour until combined. Stir in 1 cup coconut and the cherries.
- Put remaining coconut into a bowl. Drop rounded measuring teaspoons dough into coconut; rolling gently to coat. Place 2-in. apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until coconut is toasted and cookies are set. Cool slightly on baking sheet on a wire rack before moving directly on baking sheet to completely cool.
Cookies did not set up for me. They are a little bland. They look pretty, just don't taste that great :( Very disappointed as I had made them for a cookie exchange.